Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DictationNation - Everything you wanted to know about dictation*

*but were afraid to ask (because you'd get laughed at)

I am by no means the definitive guide to dictation. There are many grey hued, polar-fleeced men that have an understanding of this stuff far greater than mine. But seeing as none of those men like to share, you have me.

I got into this industry only a few months ago and had no idea what the heck dictation was.
Is it what this guy is doing? Possibly, although he may be holding a small purse...

I was not helped by an inexplicable dearth of information available (one exception is the excellent http://www.americandictation.com/ site; read their guide to dictation, it's very good). This was a bit staggering because I had previously worked I worked for a vehicle distributor - an industry so overrun by reports, statistics and opinion that it was impossible to mislead the customer. This is probably why GM went bankrupt, even the Russians don’t want to buy Hummer and Proton is still too embarrassed to send a car to NZ.

Please, feel free to ask me anything you would like to know, if I don’t have the answer I’ll ask a grey beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment